Friday, July 16, 2010

Websites


This may look like a concept map, however, it is suppose to be a SWOT analysis of a website I created using weebly.com. Weebly.com is where you can create a website for free, www.kadeeclelland.weebly.com. It is different from the other web tools we have been using such as Blogs and wiki's, why? Because you can decide what content is to be posted and no one else can change it except you. I attempted to make a SWOT analysis of it's effectiveness in the classroom, I think it is much safer then a wiki because no one can access and post inappropriate material. Although, there are some weaknesses that I believe may be a factor, simply that the information is available to be viewed anywhere, anytime. I see this in all web tools, howver, they can be utilised by making sure they are safe and secure for students to operate and learn from.
Can anyone add to my SWOT analysis?
Is there a site that anyone knows where you can create an online SWOT analysis?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kadee, this is a great concept. I like how you have colour coded the S, W, O and the T a different colour than your ideas. I cannot see the content on the purple bubbles as is it too small, however, go to buisnessballs.com and they have a free template for a swot analysis. This site was given to us in the Global Futures course and it is a great template.

    Have you ever seen a swot analysis used in the classroom?

    Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee,

    Thank you for the site suggestion to make a S.W.O.T analysis! I have never seen a S.W.O.T analysis being used in the classroom before but I have used a concept map which worked well. After using this I now would like to try it in the classroom. have you ever used this before?

    ReplyDelete